Show Notes: Do You Need A DIY Reality Check?
Do you need a DIY reality check?
Winter begins to thaw the ice and our tool bags become accessible again. We’ve got our DIY hats on again!
But can we do it all? Do you need a DIY reality check?
In the case of temporary wallpaper, we learn, maybe it’s just a reality rain check? Just until you get the right tools?
And this week, dosing out the reality checks, the Carey Brothers also get joined by Mike Brady of Brady Seal!
Missed our live show? Don’t worry! Because we have a podcast of the show. It’s the same thing we aired on the radio, but ready for you whenever and wherever you are! Check it out here.
Got Water Pressure?
If you notice a sudden drop in pressure, the cause may be in your plumbing system.
Hunker’s article about the causes of a sudden loss of water pressure discusses:
- No Water Pressure at a Single Faucet or in a Single Room
- Municipal Water Supply Causing Whole House Pressure Drop
- No Water Pressure in a House Served by a Well
Is Temporary Wallpaper As Easy As It Seems?
-A DIY Reality Check
Not just for Grandma’s house, wallpaper is making a big comeback.
One problem: Putting up wallpaper is quite the task. And removing the stuff is a whole different headache! The solution? Temporary wallpaper.
One of the main benefits of temporary wallpaper is that it’s, well, temporary. Remove the adhesive on the back, and it goes up—and comes down—with ease, and without leaving a sticky residue behind.
It’s a cheap DIY project without the need for professional installation, which regular wallpaper requires. It’s also perfect for renters who don’t want to damage walls.
Realtor.com’s article about “temporary” wallpaper and if it’s right for you discusses:
- What’s the best temporary wallpaper for you?
- How to prep your wall and wallpaper
- Applying the wallpaper
- And, is temporary wallpaper worth DIYing?
5 Top Myths About Septic Systems
More than 21 million homes in the U.S. utilize septic systems.
There’s a lot of misinformation out there about septic systems. Family Handyman’s got the info you need to know.
- Septic Myth #1: Pump-Outs Are Unnecessary.
- Septic Myth #2: It Doesn’t Matter What You Put Down the Drain.
- Septic Myth #3: Flushing a Dead Mouse Down the Toilet Helps a Septic System.
- Septic Myth #4: You Can’t Expect a Septic System to Last More Than 20 Years.
- Septic Myth #5: Clogged Septic Systems Must Be Replaced.
We spoke to Mike Brady, of Brady Seal Stone and Grout Sealing Service!
He discusses how to keep your stone, your grout, and your countertops looking the way you got them!
February 15-16-17, 2020
Daily guided tours at 10 am
Pier 39, San Francisco
Enjoy the flowers’ beauty and learn helpful gardening tips by taking free guided tours led by PIER 39’s landscaping experts.
- Water pressure: https://www.hunker.com/12000093/causes-of-a-sudden-loss-of-water-pressure
- Temporary Wallpaper: https://www.realtor.com/advice/home-improvement/is-temporary-wallpaper-really-as-easy-as-it-seems/
- Septic Systems: https://www.familyhandyman.com/plumbing/5-top-myths-about-septic-systems/
~ Thank you~
A very special thank you to all of our callers! We live to answer your questions, so keep them coming!
Thank you to our Technical Support:
- Danny Bringer – Chief Engineer
- Carol “Remodeling Babe” Carey – Executive Producer
- Sam Reed – Associate Producer
- Rico Figliolini – Digital Master
Thank you for tuning in for a DIY reality check! And check in next week for more cool tips!
“Do You Need a DIY Reality Check?” Show Notes for On The House with the Carey Brothers aired February 15, 2020.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login