The Grill Guy: 3 Simple Grilled Desserts Guaranteed To Be Crowd Pleasers!
Grilled Pina Colada Pineapple.
Grilled Glazed Yeast Doughnuts
Chocolate Chip Snickers Pie.
These are all simple and delicious and will delight your family and friends:
Pina Colada Pineapple
- 1 large Fresh Cored Pineapple from the fresh fruit case at your local grocery.
- Cut into either spears or rings
- 1 Can of frozen Bacardi Mixers Pina Colada.
- —completely thawed so it is a liquid.
- Place the pineapple in a glass or plastic bowl/foil pan and pour the contents of 1 thawed can of the Pina Colada mix over the pineapple making sure that it is completely covered.
- Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place in your fridge for at least 1 hour to marinade.
- Take pineapple out and place on your grill at high to medium high heat. As you remove the pineapple form the Pina Colada marinade try to allow most of the liquid to drain off.
- Once the pineapple is warmed and “marked” (about 2 to 3 minutes) flip and grill on the opposite side for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Can be served with good high quality vanilla ice cream or enjoyed by itself!
Grilled Glazed yeast Doughnuts
It might sound crazy, but it is amazingly tasty, especially drizzled with some chocolate!
- Take a dozen of your favorite yeast glazed doughnuts and place them on a grill preheated to med-high or high. Leave them on long enough for the glazed to melt and begin to bubble. At the same time they should develop grill marks.
- Flip and cook on the opposite side.
- Remove from the grill and apply the chocolate drizzle.
Here is the step by step photo guide: http://betterbarbecueblog.com/grilled-doughnuts-with-chocolate-drizzle/
Chocolate Chip Snickers Pie:
- 1 Tube of Nestle’s Toll House Already made Cookie Dough from the dairy case at your favorite grocery store.
- 3 large Snicker Bars, unwrapped.
- 1 small 6 to 7” cast iron skillet.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium/medium high
- Spray the skillet with PAM. I like to use butter flavored.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough from the plastic tube and pat into skillet, spreading evenly.
- Roughly/Course chop the snickers bars into small pieces/chunks.
- Sprinkle the chopped snickers across the surface of the cookie dough in the skillet. Do not cover the entire surface.
- Place the skillet on the warming rack of your grill and close the lid.
- Depending on your grill, cooking time should be between 20 and 25 minutes.
- Remove for your grill and let set-up (sit about 10 minutes)
- Once set-up, using a spatula divide portions into bowls. Should still be warm. Add a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream or real whipped cream and grab a spoon! It will go FAST!