Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars [Recipe]
By onthehouse on December 19, 2014
Marcel Cocit’s Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Servings: 24 2-inch Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9×13-inch pan with foil, leaving just enough for a 2-3 inch overhang on all 4 sides. Grease the pan. It will be much easier to handle when cutting them once they are baked.
- Make the crust by creaming together the butter and brown sugar until nice and fluffy in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Then add in the flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
- Press the crust into the foil-lined pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling by combining eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Stir in the chocolate and pecans. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool in the pan. Cut into bars.
SUBSCRIBE to my cooking channel
You must be logged in to post a comment Login