10 Tips to Weatherize Your Home
List for weatherizing your home:
10. Caulk around windows and doors and cracks in siding or stucco.
9. Weatherstrip windows and doors and repair thresholds and door bottoms.
8. Seal large gaps and plumbing and electrical penetrations with foam in a can.
7. Install foam gaskets at electrical switches and plugs.
6. Blanket the water heater.
5. Insulate hot and cold water lines.
4. Place heavy duty aluminum foil behind your steam radiator to reflect heat into the room.
3. Install lined drapes or other dense window coverings.
2. Close the fireplace damper when not in use.
1. Install a setback thermostat.