The Grill Guy’s Finger Lickin’ BBQ Chicken
Finger Lickin’ BBQ Chicken
Prep 15 minutes ∙ Cook 45 Minutes ∙ Makes 4 to 6 Servings ∙ Difficulty Medium ∙ Source Saber Collection
- 8-12 pieces of Cut-up, Skin on Chicken. Cleaned and Dry.
- Your favorite BBQ Dry Rub
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 Quart (32 oz) of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Tiger Hot Sauce
- 2 Cups Beef Bullion
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 LB dark brown sugar
1. Clean & Prep Chicken. Make sure to remove any clumps of fat or skin that is not securely attached. Leave skin intact and on pieces.
2. Make sure your chicken is dry.
3. Liberally apply your favorite BBQ Dry Rub. Work rub into skin. Make sure is well seasoned.
4. Apply a coating of High Heat Non-stick spray to your grill. Pre-heat on HI.
5. Place chicken pieces on HOT grill skin side UP. Sear well. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then turn, placing skin side down on your grill. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, skin side down, until well seared.
6. Remove partially cooked chicken from grill.
7. In a large foil pan, combine the first 5 sauce ingredients with a sire whisk.
8. Place the foil pan on your HOT grilling surface and bring mixture to a boil.
9. Once boiling, add 1/2 lb. dark brown sugar and whisk till combined and sugar dissolved.
10. Leaving pan on Grill, turn grill down to MED and place partially grilled chicken pieces into the pan, skin side up. Submerge as much as possible. Turn pieces once or twice to ensure coated in sauce.
11. Cook on MED heat till chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
12. Remove from sauce pan. Lightly “shake” to remove excess sauce. Reserve excess sauce to use as a final glaze.
13. Return pieces to grill for approximately 1 minute per side to “finish” and caramelize sauce.
14. Plate and glaze with reserved sauce.