Carpet Stain Remover – 6 Easy Tips
By onthehouse on February 8, 2014
New carpet certainly can brighten a home. It looks warm and inviting for a week or two, then kids, company, dogs, TV dinners and things like red wine take their toll. Soon your new carpet looks like a military drop zone. Don’t fret, here are a few carpet-cleaning tips:
- For chewing gum, put ice cubes in a plastic bag and freeze the gum in the carpet. When it’s hard, scrape it with a butter knife.
- For greasy stuff like lipstick, blot up the excess, then use dry-cleaning fluid.
- For pet stains, blot any excess with paper towels, and then use a mixture of laundry detergent, ammonia and white vinegar.
- For shoe polish and ink stains, dab with paint thinner.
- For fruit juice and soft drink spills, mix 1 teaspoon of both laundry detergent and white vinegar in 1 quart of warm water, and sponge well.
- For burns, trim off fibers, and, if needed, glue in some extras from the edges.
If there are hard-to-remove stains and dirt on your carpet, you may hire a professional carpet cleaner to bring your carpet back to its pristine condition.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login