Carbon Monoxide: It’s No Joke – On the House

Carbon Monoxide: It’s No Joke

By on April 21, 2014

Comedian George Burns was born in 1896 and he and Gracie Allen always made us laugh. But one thing they took seriously was the danger of carbon monoxide. 

It’s odorless, tasteless, invisible and no joke.  Carbon monoxide symptoms include headaches and feeling dizzy and nauseous.  It can also kill you. It is a natural by-product of combustion in furnaces, fireplaces and gas appliances like cook tops, water heaters and dryers, especially ones not working properly. 

How can you detect this invisible threat?  Install a carbon monoxide audible alarm either battery-operated, or better yet, for a few extra bucks, one that plugs in the wall.  Today’s homes are sealed up nearly year round for winter heating and summer cooling and you should put one on every level in your home.  When you do, you will say goodnight to your family or “good night Gracie” like George Burns and sleep peacefully knowing your everyone is safe and sound.  We will too, sweet dreams.

About onthehouse

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest